We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or delete portions of the Policy at any time without further notice. Your continued use of the Site and/or the Services after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Policy. If you do not agree to abide by these or any future Policy, please do not use or access the Site or Services. It is your responsibility to regularly check this Policy for any changes. The Pixlee Site and all related Services are provided by (or on behalf of), Pixlee, Inc., a Delaware corporation, and its corporate partners (collectively, "Pixlee”, “us”, “we”, “our”)
When you visit our web site, you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our web site.
The following are the specific types of information we collect from you.
Information You Give Us. We collect information you give us on our Web site and when you register for and use our services. Examples include the following:
Registration and Profile Information. When you register to use our services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including, your name and email address; your title, company and other profile information you provide; demographic information; and information you upload like photos, files, and documents.
Contact Information. We collect the email addresses you provide for contacts you enter or upload into your private contacts page. When you choose to collaborate or share files with others, we also collect email addresses you provide to email invitations to those individuals on your behalf.
Payment Information. If you choose to use a paid Pixlee account or service, our payment processing vendor collects your credit card information and billing address.
We use the information we gather on our website, whether personal, demographic or technical, for the purpose of operating and improving our web site, fostering a positive user experience and delivering the products and services that we offer. We may also use the information we gather to inform you of other products or services available from us or our affiliated companies.
For example, we may use your personal information:
• To request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Service and our publications, products and services;
• To conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from Pixlee or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
• To send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Service; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our Service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our Service development; and to inform you of updates to services from Pixlee that better meet your needs;
• To store contacts you enter or upload into your contacts list for your private use and viewing;
• To send emails to users you invite (and contacts you invite to become users) to collaborate and access your files;
• To enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate;
• To contact you if you win a contest; and
• For other purposes about which we notify you.
When uploading pictures, a name and an email address may be required depending on the contest settings. Generally, the information Pixlee collects helps us to communicate with you regarding content that you have submitted through the Pixlee. For instance, we may use your email address to provide you with an email to notify you of the status of the content you have submitted. Furthermore, our licensees whose sites you have submitted content to through Pixlee, may use your email address to communicate with you from time to time or to contact you when you have won a contest.
When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Site and Services, and for the Site's technical administration.
We will not share, rent or sell your personally-identifiable information with any entity, except as set forth in our Data Release Policy below.
Pixlee offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide on our blog may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, contact us at email@example.com.
A session cookie enables certain features of the Site and our Services and is deleted from your computer when you disconnect from or leave the Site. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
Our server may collect data about your server’s Internet address when you visit us. This information, known as an Internet Protocol address, or IP Address, is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you're on the Internet. When you request pages from our Site, our servers may log your IP Address and sometimes your domain name. Your IP Address is used to help identify you and to gather demographic information about our customers as a whole, but does not include personally identifiable information. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another Web site or a search engine); the pages you visit on this Site; the Web site you visit after this Site; the ads you see and/or click on; other information about the type of Web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Site or a referral site; and other Web usage activity and data logged by our Web servers. In addition we may track the photos you like on our site to provide you with better service. We use this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Site. Such information may also be used to gather demographic information, such as country of origin and Internet Service Provider. We may link this information with your personal information.
Any or all of these activities with regard to Site usage information may be performed on our behalf by our service providers, including, for example, our analytics vendor(s) and our e-mail management partner(s).
Our policy is to only release the data we collect in the following circumstances:
• To our licensees whose sites you have submitted content to.
• As required by law.
• To designated third parties to resolve or investigate abuse complaints.
• When the information is related to spiders or bots, usually when investigating technical issues.
• For abusive users, we may release information to assist in attempting to block the abusive user or to complain to that user's Internet Service Provider.
• If necessary to defend against legal claims.
• When we deem it necessary to protect the property or rights of the user community, or this Site.
We may use third party partners to help operate the Site and deliver our features and Services, and may share your information with our affiliates, service providers and other third parties that provide products or Services for or through this Site or for our business (such as Web site or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, e-mail service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf).
We will not sell, lease or give your personally identifiable information collected via this site (such as your email address) to third parties except as otherwise explicitly stated in this Policy.
Pixlee is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. Due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we make no guarantee as to the security of your information or that your information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
It has become increasingly common for unauthorized individuals to send e-mail messages to consumers, purporting to represent a legitimate company such as a bank or on-line merchant, requesting that the consumer provide personal, often sensitive information. Sometimes, the domain name of the e-mail address from which the e-mail appears to have been sent, and the domain name of the web site requesting such information, appears to be the domain name of a legitimate, trusted company. In reality, such sensitive information is received by an unauthorized individual to be used for purposes of identity theft. This illegal activity is known as “phishing”.
If you receive an e-mail or other correspondence requesting that you provide any sensitive information (including your password or credit card information) via e-mail or to a Web site that does not seem to be affiliated with Pixlee, or that otherwise seems suspicious to you, please do not provide such information, and report such request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Site or Services may contain links to third party websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Pixlee regards its databases of customer information (including personal information) as a valuable asset. In the event that Pixlee is or substantially all of its assets are, acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation or liquidation, such databases containing personal information may be one of the transferred assets. In using the Services you consent to such transfer of your personal information.
Pixlee’s Site or Service are in no way directed to persons under the age of 18 unless they have obtained parental or guardian consent. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at a href="mailto:Legal@pixleeteam.com">email@example.com.
Pixlee, Inc. (“Pixlee”) respects the intellectual property rights of third parties and responds to allegations that copyrighted material has been shared through Pixlee’s image management and sharing platform (“Platform”) without authorization from the copyright holder in accordance with the safe harbor set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Pixlee will also, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the use of thePlatform by users who may infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others in accordance with the DMCA.
If you believe that your work has been copied and made available through the Platform in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may send a written document to Pixlee’s Designated Agent (as set forth below) that contains the following (a “Notice”):
1. A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
2. Identification of the URL or other specific location that contains the material that you claim infringes your copyright described in Item 1 above. You must provide us with reasonably sufficient information to locate the allegedly infringing material.
3. An electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright.
4. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or applicable law.
5. A statement by you that the information contained in your Notice is accurate and that you attest under the penalty of perjury that you are the copyright owner or that you are authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
6. Your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
Pixlee’s Designated Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
Pixlee, Inc. Attn: Pixlee DMCA Agent 425 2nd Street Suite# 602 San Francisco, CA 94107 Phone: (415) 890-4835 Fax: (415) 890-4835 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you may be liable for damages, including court costs and attorneys fees, if you misrepresent that content uploaded by Platform user is infringing your copyright.
Upon receiving a proper Notice, Pixlee will remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and notify the alleged infringer of your claim. We will also advise the alleged infringer of the DMCA Counter Notice Procedure described below in Section B by which the alleged infringer may respond to your claim and request that we restore this material.
If you believe your own copyrighted material has been removed from the Platform in error, you may submit a written Counter Notice to our Designated Agent (as identified above) that includes the following:
1. Identification of the material that has been removed or disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled.
2. A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court in which your address is located, or if your address is outside the United States, the Northern District of California or any other judicial district in which Pixlee may be found.
3. A statement that you will accept service of process from the party that filed the Notice or the party's agent.
4. Your name, address and telephone number.
5. A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material in question was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
6. Your physical or electronic signature.
If you send our Designated Agent a valid, written Counter Notice meeting the requirements described above, we will restore your removed or disabled material within 10 to 14 business days from the date we receive your Counter Notification, unless our Designated Agent first receives notice from the party filing the original Notice informing us that such party has filed a court action to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity related to the material in question.
Please note that if you misrepresent that the disabled or removed content was removed by mistake or misidentification, you may be liable for damages, including costs and attorney's fees.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable laws, we will, at our discretion, disable and/or terminate access to the Platform by users who may infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others. This determination will be based on the number of “strikes” against the user. A “strike” is counted against a user each time there is an adjudication by a court, arbitrator or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction that the user has engaged in copyright infringement of any kind in relation to the Platform.
Each adjudication counts as a separate strike. If an adjudication pertains to multiple instances of copyright infringement, it can count as multiple strikes. Pixlee has adopted a “three strikes and you’re out” policy under which a user who accumulates three strikes is considered a repeat infringer and may be subject to account termination.